Friday, January 13, 2006

Don't Panic

This is my first post in 'Blogger' and unfortunately this calls for an introduction.

The start of a new year. I decided to start web logging in 'Blogger' instead of the earlier crap. Blogging is not my passion. Just something I do when I feel like thinking.

At this point in time, the acronym A.M.D (thats how i sign my blogs) must be causing a lot of activity and impalpable pain in the left half of your brain because of its close resemblance to a certain microprocessor manufacturer. So I must kill the suspense right away.

Arcturan Mega Donkey makes his appearance many times in the science fiction novel - HHGG [referred to as 'The Guide' in many of my posts] by Douglas Adams.

I think (guess) the word Arcturan has a direct link with the giant star Arcturus, currently situated roughly 36 light-years away from Earth. Earth by the way, is where I currently live. About the Earth, The Guide says "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea". Let us not digress from the main subject of attention. The word Mega usually means something large, or excellent. Donkey is of course the beast of burden and has no political connection what so ever with the Democratic party.

Phew! That should give the left half of your brain some well deserved rest.

You are also forced to know that I watch lot of TV and I'm passionate about basketball and music. I read good books when I'm tired of reading 'The Guide'. I work for a software firm whose name is a fact that has been verified.

Peace.
AMD

No comments: