Monday, October 22, 2007

Luck

Today I was confronted with a tricky situation at work. It had something to do with a peculiar kind of data that was causing a lot of trouble when you tried sending it back and forth between two computers. Honestly I did not have a clue about what I was dealing with, but I had to find a solution. It made as little sense to me as those analytical type questions we used to have back in college days, that went something like this.

1. There are 4 houses in a row.
2. One of the them is not occupied by a cobbler.
3. The plumber, who prefers to live in some other street, likes to drink orange juice.
4. The second house is kind of purplish.
5. I’m not very sure about the salesman, I think he’s probably dead.
6. I’m not all that keen on giving you any more information.
Now who owns the Armadillo?

I used to read the question for comic relief and then choose option C.

Coming back to the data that was raising a ruckus, well, I decided to do nothing about it and went back to finding out who attacked Harry Potter this time. Thirty seconds later I was told that everything was fine and the data that was causing trouble was not doing so anymore. I think somebody even patted my back.

I’m fairly certain that luck is the biggest component of success.

Peace.

AMD

4 comments:

Raghavendra D R said...

hahaha!

In my case at least, luck is the *only* component of success

AMD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritu said...

the analytical reasoning puzzle is the best!!! :P

AMD said...

You don't happen to know the answer, do you?